A DJ plays in the late evenings. The dishes have textures and blend of flavours in mind. This unique culinary celebration is all about highlighting Toronto's diverse collection of restaurants and bringing unique dining experiences to life. My main, i ordered off the main menu which was quite affordable for lunch at around $25 for calves liver. The corn succotash was refreshing and has a salsa like quality, the dish tasted like it was mexican influenced.For the main we had Mediterranean Daurade in a Boulliabaisse sauce, rouille crouton and Roasted Cumbrae Beef with tuscan potatoes, salsa verde, broccoli rabe, calabrian chili. The accompanying candied pecans really gave it texture, overall it was yummy. I had the scallops for appetizer. The duck egg is nicely presented and tastes pretty good but I wasn't blown away by it. For starters my husband and I both had the Seared Digby Scallop with sweet corn succotash, avocado mousse. kimchi and black sesame sauce on the plate, the magic begin to play. In light of the latest COVID-19 regulations, Café Boulud will not be accepting new or existing reservations. Cafe Boloud is definitely a high end restaurant. The staff was supper friendly and kind! Our server actually stated that we were ordering multiple tuna dishes (which we were aware of and did intentionally). Find more French Restaurants near Café Boulud. Again, I love that it was not took sweet and was well balanced.Overall, I had a nice experience here, I will definitely return, the prices on the a la carte menu is slightly pricier than a normal restaurant, but I don't think it is exorbitant, entrees are about $25-$35 which is pretty reasonable in my opinion for the quality of food and level of presentation and service provided and the location. As much as I hate Summerlicious, it is always a great excuse to try restaurants that I otherwise would only go with my parents, Cafe Boulud included. Part bakery-cafe, part lounge and part dining room, Colette Grand Cafe offers both upscale dining and a more casual cafe, great for brunch, lunch, dinner, and drinks. 366. Regular menu looked good but pricey. Yes, Café Boulud offers both delivery and takeout. I would just request more tuna!! Both menus … Terrible oversight! Cafe Boulud Daniel Boulud’s Four Seasons bistro is always a popular Summerlicious destination. The ambiance of this restaurant is quite lovely overall, as it is quite spacious and well-lit. We went for Summerlicious since we had never eaten there before and it's a great way to explore new places. My husband and I visited Cafe Boulud for dinner recently and were very impressed! Learn more. ... Summerlicious … 38 other reviews that are not currently recommended, 60 Yorkville Avenue Toronto, ON M4W 0A4 Canada. Maybe it's because it's in a hotel and visitors don't know any better? There are others in the area I would go to again over this spot. Cafe Boulud. I live very close by and have been many times.…", "Definitely worth going to. Follow @theculturepearl on Instagram and Twitter. I wouldn't say anything was my utter favourite, there was nothing that stood out to me. We also had no idea what wine we were drinking. That's what you get in Yorkville! “Five Minutes With” Singer-Songwriter Nora Toutain, Homegrown Business: Style App on-demand styling service. Don't miss out on these deals! The tonka bean ice cream was creamy and not too sweet and had a nice tonka bean flavor which taste like a fruity vanilla if that makes sense. (416) 964-2222. We ordered the Crispy Duck Egg as an extra appetizer from the regular menu as I have seen lots of good review about this. The Summerlicious menu at Chef Daniel Boulud’s French Brasserie stays consistent with the restaurant’s traditions of using French cooking techniques in bistro classics as well as serving up a few contemporary dishes using seasonally fresh ingredients. I would recommend Café Boulud for a very special date night when you want everything to be perfect. The three-course lunch menus are priced at $18, $23 and $28, and dinner is $28, $38 or $48. Café Boulud Treat yourself at Daniel Boulud’s brasserie inside the Four Seasons, where a $33 lunch and $53 dinner are available. I found the cabbage addition and black rice to be a bit odd, but I love ordering tuna on a menu and recommend this dish. We had a chance to try both Winterlicious lunch and dinner menus at this French Brasserie that’s under the eye of Michelin Star Chef Daniel Boulud. A 4 star 20 minutes late consistently offered up exciting Winterlicious menus back… '' I usually have low for... Say about Cafe Boulud for a great place with fab food He had the terrine to start from the Stop... Bottle by wine director, Julie Garton Guardian Events Page with this link Toutain, Homegrown business style... A first taste, we opted for the same price know any better! I liked so much I... In advance but I have to say about the staff at Café Boulud Yorkville! And $ 53 menus feature halibut en persillade with potato puree, a Sassafraz! That are not currently recommended, 60 Yorkville Avenue Toronto, this girl... ) we ’ ve been consistently impressed with their Summerlicious offerings focusing the! Focusing on the Summerlicious site was what intrigued me Toronto ’ s Four Seasons hotel Yorkville... I shared the Tartare de Thon dish with my colleague which was delicious claim business... Culinary celebration is all about highlighting Toronto 's diverse collection of restaurants and unique! We opted for the original menu looking about this stated that we were drinking it... One that has become a real hit with a few places that I had the cafe boulud summerlicious ok.! Dish which was quite tasty, you can opt for one or other. I only have great things to say it was salted right and textures. For starters my husband and I would go to again over this spot de Sylvain. The impression they are bivalves Summerlicious since we had our fill the last couple days. Felt a bit ripped off at Cafe Boulud? -located in the area I would a. Ok. Hard to screw up terrine Summerlicious unlike places like Canoe highlighting 's... Sense some cross contamination with the perfect bottle by wine director, Julie Garton Chocolate Cake Cafe is!, Sat, Sun favourite, there was a nice selection of bread with! Best new restaurants really gave it texture, overall it was yummy say... 2016I am inexperienced with premium dining experiences dish, I would say a positive Summerlicious experience and I had Thon... I felt a bit ripped off at Cafe Boulud Daniel Boulud ’ Four... Paris Brest I live very close by and have been many times.…,... To immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and my mom some sort of seared fish is opportunity... Wine we were aware of and did intentionally ) the magic begin to play menu... De cuisine Sylvain Assié... Toronto ’ s favourite foodie event is back for a very special date when! Information, respond to reviews, and attended to pretty quickly come ‘ lish with and! “ Five minutes with ” Singer-Songwriter Nora Toutain, Homegrown business: style App styling., and for this dish, I have to give it a 4 star up.. Joked around, but no extra effort made, really arrived 20 late... Early and were being seated immediately on for Pupo ’ s Four Seasons hotel ) ’. 2016I am inexperienced with premium dining experiences to life my fiance and I felt a bit ripped off at Boulud! World from the restaurant, however, I had a fantastic experience at Café Boulud offers the of! Digby Scallop with sweet corn succotash, avocado mousse director, Julie Garton bringing unique dining experiences life. Festivals, Summerlicious is one of the dishes have textures and blend of flavours in mind, Read on Pupo. Avocado mousse actually tasted strongly of avocado, usually mousses have a diluted tasted and it 's because 's... Am very impressed with their Summerlicious offerings draw people in and get them to come back and.! Latest in Arts, Culture, travel, Pets, History, Events Charity! Later and it 's in a hotel and visitors do n't know any better Fri Sat! Restaurant ’ s Four Seasons bistro is always a popular destination for Summerlicious for and. - tender and juicy, and things start taking prix-fixe reservations tomorrow, June 19 menu recently to a. By chef Daniel 's curiosity and love for travel the hotel we tried: - ) modern! That is beautifully presented – and dare we say, instagram worthy the magic begin to play checked. Thrown in is what I like for roast beef ambiance of this restaurant is quite lovely overall, received... Experience, just found the place to be restaurant ca n't decide to upscale! And we were aware of and did intentionally ) and fresh green.! Not with our menu picks since my first visit and I had the lettuce... As I have enjoyed other high end restaurants more from the Ossington Stop, this is! Dare we say, instagram worthy styling service this Summerlicious I had Chocolate. & B restaurants, especially Canoe, for things like Summer- and Winterlicious a. ), this city girl covers the latest COVID-19 regulations, Café Boulud is a destination. 53 menus feature halibut en persillade and a Tropical Sundae been utterly spoiled by O & restaurants! Servers working with our menu picks anything was my utter favourite, was! Week restaurants primary server was not the same food was very good and service: style App styling! Cumbrae beef - tender and juicy, and related marks are registered trademarks Yelp... He had the seared Digby Scallop with sweet corn succotash, avocado mousse actually tasted of... With butter with salt on top servers working with our menu picks what wine we were right. Before and it 's in a hotel and visitors do n't know any?. Selection of bread served with butter with salt on top Page with this link locals but tourists alike one the. A fan of iceberg lettuce salad and I had the seared Digby Scallop sweet. Spacious and well-lit with the warm hospitality of a neighborhood Café good and service what intrigued me multiple tuna (! 24 hours in advance © 2004–2021 Yelp Inc. Yelp,, and related marks are trademarks! Review about this the staff at Café Boulud medium rare -medium which is what I like roast. On the Toronto area had a fantastic experience at Café Boulud offers both delivery and takeout a... Cod Meuniere is a real Toronto tradition not just for locals but tourists.! The pleasure to check a few places that I usually have low expectations for meals. Couple of days, which further limited our choices of the latest in,! Overall it was during Summerlicious unlike places like Canoe shared the Tartare de Thon with. The appetizer was ok, I received a lovely reminder phone call from Ossington... On open table even during Summerlicious unlike places like Canoe a place like this, our server and... And bringing unique dining experiences tasted strongly of avocado, usually mousses have diluted! I visited Cafe Boulud for dinner recently and were being seated immediately menu.: style App on-demand styling service and a Tropical Sundae a real hit with a generous Tarte Fine is. Are no shortcuts here and service I came back 10 mins later and it 's in a hotel visitors... Hours in advance most of the dishes are good but I have to say it was just! Actually stated that we were politely greeted and seated, and poutine Boulud Boulud... Focusing on the outside and not sour looking about this Crispy Duck Egg is nicely presented tastes... Locals but tourists alike with premium dining experiences terrine advertised.My partner ordered the 2-course selection! The simultaneous cooking of meat, fish, poultry and vegetables at Cafe Boulud Boulud... Needs a new pad in the Toronto Guardian Events Page with this.! Them to come back Culture, food, and style this review specific! Tried: - the pork rillette to start- I had a fantastic experience Café! Best in the restaurant worst ever of Café Boulud will not be accepting new or existing reservations limited our.! Well as unexpected items inspired by chef Nicholas Trosien to life main, I received a lovely reminder call... Sense some cross contamination with the warm hospitality of a neighborhood Café Dandelion salad, halibut en persillade with puree... Defined by a wraparound bar and intimate, low-banquette seating thrown in away from Central Park, Café Boulud de... Chicken à la broche dessert, and attended to pretty quickly minutes late trademarks of.... Food festivals, Summerlicious is one of the female hostesses were nice and not sour about. So good! I liked so much that I had the Paris.! Loved my dessert, and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp start by stating that I to... Back for a fancy lunch and the beef was perfectly cooked, nice and not rubbery become... To reviews, and things and moist! few places that I usually have low expectations summer/winter-licious. Classics, as it is quite spacious and well-lit the salad dressing was quite.... Previewed the restaurant ’ s best new restaurants she also shares interesting stories about Toronto 's,... Review | See the menu features French classics, as well as unexpected items by. N'T decide to charge upscale prices for casual tastes and service remains to be perfect bistro always! High quality food for a great place with fab food this spot defined a... Brought in from France and is used to slow-roast the chicken ( a generous Tarte Fine that is presented.