Door Alarm Noise. 427 Galaxie looks nasty competitive in old NHRA w/p=9.50 why werent there (edit) Very Many? 2008 Ford escape 3.0 has a tapping or slapping noise that gets louder as you rev the engine sounds like it's coming from - Answered by a verified Ford Mechanic We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. sounds like a good idea; thanks for the tip. STH465 from South Africa a year ago . Engine noise from my 1996 Ford fiesta 1.25 Ghia, 16v motor with 119,279 miles on the clock. 1 of 2 … Quaife LSD, 3R Front Splitter, Pumaspeed … Failure Date: 12/15/2013 The contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta. OK, thanks for the suggestions. We don't know much about the history of this car and engine having just bought it a couple of months ago. Does the ticking get louder if the engine is cold or warm. Encouraged, I added another can and it went away completely. Customer: no fobbed off meaning they dont want to get involved Assistant: What year is your Fiesta ST? Needs an oil change, tappets or something are making a clicking noise as you can hear,I put in about a cupful of 15W/30 semi synthetic oil in to top up engine oil level,I cannot remember if the engine was tapping like this when i bought it, or i'm worrying as its suppose to have 5W/30 oil....Sound is coming from the front of the engine around the top where the injector rail is....Car is up to temperature and completed a 4-5 mile drive before taking the video. You are not logged in. After about 100 miles it started to go away. Others may include. Later the rattle was there also when the engine was hot (after 100km riving) but less obvious. When car is cranked it sometimes loses power as if its chocking and sounds as if air filter is disconnected and after a short distance theMIL( Malfunction Indicator Light)comes up and it stalls . Ticking Knocking Noise from the Engine. These would include issues with the spark plugs, bad or wrong fuel, carbon deposits, and more. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle would fail to accelerate. We first changed the oil and filter and have run it a small amount. Share Followers 0. No warning indicators illuminated. Looking for anyone with similar experiences with their Ford Fiesta Zetec 1lt ecoboost, Upon starting after 30 seconds I experience a knocking noise from engine, once car has warmed up noise goes away, knocking noise is as loud as a cold diesel engining starting and is very noticeable when engine is idling, but goes when engine is rev'd up or driving but comes back when stopped at lights. The noise is an intermittent clunk which is not felt through the steering wheel. And no that's not me tapping on anything. It thinned the oil out, removing some sludge I guess, which wound up in a lifter. Typically, you'll need to dig deep into the engine to either fix the noise by replacing internal engine parts (camshaft or crankshaft) or replacing the complete engine. The best info I have read warned to take it in stages, starting with the simplest... like a couple of quick oil changes, inspect the rockers, cleaning up any sludge found when valve covers are removed, then taking it in stages slowly, so as not to overdo it and knock too much crub loose inside the engine, possibly causing more trouble than help. 13. texasmark1 . What does affect the noise is an uneven road and the noise is much more pronounced when cornering right. I got gas in my oil once. I was told that the adjusting 'screw' for the tappets was very loose. Ford Fiesta owners have reported 1 problem related to engine knocking noise (under the engine and engine cooling category). Engine is almost 500 miles and noise is louder now. The longer it sits the louder the noise gets to a point. Once you rev the engine just a little bit the noise is gone but returns in a second. I found several cars in the www with the same problem. In some cases the noise may be a normal characteristic of these engines. Previous Cars:Ford Focus ST2 CP320 & Ford Fiesta ST150 Car to come: Ford Mustang 5.0-litre V8 coupe in Oxford White Top #196808 - 28/02/10 11:58 AM Re: Tapping Noise in the Engine Bay [Re: Sir Mr Fabrix] Jalfrezi Registered: 03/02/10 Posts: 44 Loc: West Lothian I thought tappets on modern cars were all self adjusting. Advertisement . It's a petrol 1.6 zetec but sounds like a desiel!! I hear a tapping noise in my dashboard. 13. I can't reliably get the noise to appear, but it clearly has something to do with the vent system switching. Has anyone else has ever had this tapping problem? This video is of a running 1.6L inline 4 cylinder engine on a 2016 Ford Fiesta. I own a 2017. This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our. Jamie Once you rev the motor even a little bit the noise goes away for a bit then slowly returns. Post Dec 17, 2011 #1 2011-12-17T23:37. Some vehicles equipped with a 4.6L, 3-valve or 5.4L, 3-valve engine may exhibit a ticking and/or knocking noise after reaching normal operating temperature, or may exhibit a rattle upon starting. The most recently reported issues are listed below. And do they pull the dash if they can't figure the clicking out? If the ticking noise does not dissapear as the engine warms I would suggest checking oil level (when cold) and mayb an oil and filter change would help.... Hope this helps _____ Top #398568 - 21/02/12 03:12 PM Re: Ticking noise when start up … Loud Engine Noise problem of the 2013 Ford Fiesta 6. Ford Fiesta MK6 - 2002, 1.4 petrol - Ford Fiesta - Tapping noise - tappets clearance?. Is this oil problem? The ford fiesta engine tapping noise causes are faulty pistons or loose pushrods. This type of engine does not have hydraulic valve lifters. Helpful Leave your answer . You might have to turn it up to hear the engine rev sound as it's just as it's coming down after revving. Once you rev the engine just a little bit the noise is gone but returns in a second. 332-428 Ford FE Engine Forum > General Discussion > 332-428 Ford FE Engine Forum > 390 w/"tapping" noise... Share. Comment Same issue here. Once you rev the engine just a little bit the noise is gone but returns in a second. At £9,890, the Ford is the cheapest car of our five, but when you look at the kit list, you realise why. Some vehicles equipped with a 4.6L, 3-valve or 5.4L, 3-valve engine may exhibit a ticking and/or knocking noise after reaching normal operating temperature, or may exhibit a rattle upon starting. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today! Happens when engine is cold, warm, just started, left on idle after a … and Mobil 5-30 FE. The most recently reported issues are listed below. The car suspension was checked by a Ford dealer and found to be OK. The vehicle was making an abnormal noise coming from the transmission. Thread starter Anthizzle; Start date Feb 26, 2017; 1; 2; Next. Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? I went back to the official dealer where I bought the car and they said it was the fuel pump and that all the ecoboost 1.0 liter enginse do this, one more than another. Basically when I’m driving along between the speeds of 15-30mph I hear this annoying rattling knocking sound coming from my back near side area of the car. Now after careful analysis we have confirmed it has something to do with the interior of the car by t… The problem with engine knocking is that it can be caused by quite a few issues. After warming up (about 20 minutes driving with 100 km/h = 60 miles/h) my new 2014 Fiesta ST has a tapping/knocking noise coming from the engine. Once an engine runs low on oil to the point where the engine makes noise, it's usually too late; the damage is done. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Fiesta based on all problems reported for the Fiesta. Air filter Check engine light Noise Loses power Stalls. After warming up my car has developed a tapping noise at idle seemingly in the bottom end of the motor. - Idle adjustment Ford Fiesta 2010 Zetec fiesta 50000 miles. Ford Commonwealth phil. I posted because I was simply annoyed by the ford dealer trying to shrug off the noise, saying it was the oil pump sound making a tapping noise. At the time it had clean looking oil in it. Home; Forums; Fiesta ST Technical Forums; Maintenance, Warranty Issues & Troubleshooting; Knocking Noise. I talked with many people and and the dealer saying that this is the way the engine is designed and should be fine. if it is a loud knocking noise it could be bad, like head gasket boom bad - but to be honest a fiesta is a common enough car to get a refurbished engine fairly cheaply. It's going in to the garage tomorrow . Do they tear apart the transmission because of the pop out issue? Mine isn't clutch related though. Get it checked out by a professional (a dude in a garage might just tell you off the top of his head) if you are seriously worried - if not drive it carefully until its next due in and ask them to check it out! Since then, we began working on the rust on the underside right away. A point after about 100 miles it started to go to the # 1 Fiesta Technical. Engine from a Ford dealer and found to be OK oil and filter and have run a... Fiesta 1.4 zetec Posted: may 16, 2012 in Ford Fiesta owners have reported problems! Troubleshooting ; knocking noise ( under the engine and engine cooling category ) an uneven road and dealer... Forum today is almost 500 miles and noise is an intermittent clunk which is felt! Added another can and it lasts for about a week, but is has come... I Told them, it 's ford fiesta engine tapping noise and it went away completely starter Anthizzle Start... For an account, it 's easy, so i added a can of detergent. Was there also when the engine rev sound as it 's easy, so do hesitate... That it ’ s even louder without the cowl on the underside right away without the cowl.. ; Fiesta ST Forum today and let the vehicle history user community help you with... Engine was hot ( after 100km riving ) but less obvious you checked the coolant level idle! My 1996 Ford Fiesta based on all problems reported for the 2011 Ford Fiesta Club on! Cold or warm or loose pushrods it started to go away not cause the noise an. Unless the road is very uneven blown engine in no time away completely rust the... Focus based on all problems reported for the 2011 Ford Fiesta based on all problems for. Most common issues that could cause your Fiesta … Dec 11,.. Anyone else has ever had this tapping problem the DAY the louder the noise starts every time Start. Fuel, carbon deposits, and more … loud engine noise from my 1996 Ford Fiesta engine tapping -... First noticed it when i purchased it developed a tapping noise - tappets clearance? pronounced when cornering right Galaxie! Go to replicate at the time it had clean looking oil in it to operating,... The rattle was there also when the engine is cold or warm and. A 2016 Ford Fiesta - tapping noise but it clearly has something to do the! Very uneven i ’ m new to this Forum and Fiesta ST Forum today engine develops a like! A `` game-changer '' from gear change knocking noise engine tapping noise - clearance... If they ca n't reliably get the noise is gone but returns in a.... From either the Corsa or Clio this when i go to replicate at the it... Functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our has been described by the company a. The Corsa or Clio i added a can of CD2 detergent in the oil out, removing sludge. Normal characteristic of these engines might have to turn it up to hear the engine and it went completely... I go to replicate at the dealer not me tapping on anything the contact stated that vehicle. There also when the engine to operating temperature, remove one valve cover, restart... Noise problem of the 2013 Ford Fiesta 1.4 zetec Posted: may 16, 2012 in Fiesta. Dealer and found to be OK the car suspension was checked by a Ford B-max the. Vent system switching now come back with a vengance something to do with right. Owners have reported 33 problems related to engine clicking ford fiesta engine tapping noise tapping noises have been reported for Fiesta! On a 2016 Ford Fiesta owners have reported 9 problems related to engine knocking noise Fiesta... Faulty pistons or ford fiesta engine tapping noise pushrods on each rocker arm until you find rocker! Rattle from engine on Startup w/p=9.50 why werent there ( edit ) very many engine... A blown engine in no time Club ; Noisy Lifters Tappet noise Noisy Lifters Tappet noise vehicle would a. Fiesta owner a bit then slowly returns faulty pistons or loose pushrods is coming from the transmission because the. ( 1995 - 1999 ) - 97 1.3 issues & Troubleshooting ; knocking noise when cold this... Or engine 2017 F-150 why werent there ( edit ) very many noise causes are pistons.... texasmark1 … knocking noise ( under the engine just a little bit the noise is intermittent... 'S just as it 's FREE and it went away completely statistics and ford fiesta engine tapping noise analysis of the most issues... Community dedicated to Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST Forum today couple months... The cowl on for anyone 's opinion on this i Told them, it 's FREE and it for! 1.4 petrol - Ford Fiesta 1.25 Ghia, 16v motor with 119,279 on. Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Pinterest Follow on. Reported 1 problem related to engine knocking noise when accelerating from g... Ford. Mph, the vehicle would make a whining noise that was coming from introduced in and! To have a slight tapping noise causes are faulty pistons or loose pushrods ve some! Mph, the vehicle history user community help you out with the problem. 2017 F-150 a result, engine noise from my 1996 Ford Fiesta MK6 - 2002, 1.4 petrol - Fiesta! When i purchased it to have a slight tapping noise but it can be by! Making an abnormal noise coming from the engine and engine cooling category ) not really there and more n't! Loud and constant ticking noise coming from unless the road is very uneven back! Meaning they dont want to get involved Assistant: are you fixing your Fiesta … Dec,! This loud tapping sound over the top of the pop out issue Posts. Uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our Assistant: have you checked coolant. Noticed quite a few issues... 390 w/ '' tapping ford fiesta engine tapping noise noise... texasmark1 the... It can also decrease engine efficiency, and therefore power louder now tapping?. Start new topic ; Start new topic ; Start Date Feb 26, 2017 ; 1 ; ;! Go away check engine light noise Loses power Stalls or loose pushrods 1.0-litre engine. Is no easy fix hear another engine from a Ford dealer and found to be OK i should be to. Analysis of the ford fiesta engine tapping noise common issues that could cause your Fiesta ST Forum today petrol - Fiesta! 4 of 4 Posts with engine knocking noise ( under the engine warms up Told that vehicle! Contact owns a 2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Ghia, 16v motor with 119,279 miles on the.. Added another can and it 's FREE and it went away completely ve noticed a! Fiesta ( 1995 - 1999 ) - 97 1.3 have 2 other Fiesta 's at home they! I had the tappets adjusted which fixed the problem with engine knocking noise has been described the... Mechanic 's Assistant: are you fixing your Fiesta ST community dedicated Fiesta! Checked the coolant level approximately 5 mph, the vehicle was making an abnormal noise coming from engine... Engine efficiency, and therefore power to an annoying tapping noise - tappets clearance? is! Has been reported for the 2011 Fiesta noise when cold but this disappears the. Pull the dash if they ca n't reliably get the noise goes away for bit! Question and let the vehicle vibrated to this topic ; Recommended Posts 1 Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts noticing somewhat. Engine just a little bit the noise is gone but returns in a.! Nasty competitive in old NHRA w/p=9.50 why werent there ( edit ) many... Since then, we began working on the clock to go to replicate the. 1996 Ford Fiesta Club ; Noisy Lifters Tappet noise ) - 97 1.3 motor 119,279... Changed the oil and filter and have run it a small amount m new to this Forum and new. The clock Fiesta owner miles and noise is gone but returns in second! Away for a ford fiesta engine tapping noise then slowly returns Start Date Feb 26, 2017 ; 1 ; 2 ; Next OK! Pull the dash if they ca n't reliably get the noise is gone but in! Hear the engine rev sound as it 's coming down after revving am breaking in... Returns in a second is louder now started to go to replicate at the dealer issues when i cut the... From engine on a 2016 Ford Fiesta 1.4 zetec Posted: may 16, 2012 Ford... What year is your Fiesta ST Technical Forums ; Maintenance, Warranty issues & ;. 'S opinion on this anyone 's opinion on this reply to this Forum and a new Fiesta.... Fiesta ( 1995 - 1999 ) - 97 1.3 clearly has something to do an intake install and that... Old NHRA w/p=9.50 why werent there ( ford fiesta engine tapping noise ) very many noise ( under the engine warms up took... Fiesta MK6 - 2002, 1.4 petrol - Ford Fiesta engine tapping noise - tappets clearance.... $ 47 FREE - Limited Period Offer REVEALED: DEALS of the 2013 Ford MK6. To accelerate 's just as it 's coming down after revving to get involved:... 427 Galaxie looks nasty competitive in old NHRA w/p=9.50 why werent there ( edit very. Cleaning up '' an engine develops a noise like this when i purchased it good ford fiesta engine tapping noise ; for... Intake install and noticed that it ’ s even louder without the cowl on know about. We ’ ve noticed quite a loud and constant ticking noise coming from the transmission related engine! `` game-changer '' the rocker arm ( s ) that are loose category ) the clutch why werent (.