Hi Paddy, From 5 January until at least 15 February 2020 all hospitality venues are closed by government mandate in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. I was not disappointed and will be visiting again after the country reopens! Any queries on larger bookings please go to our website to contact us and our dedicated office... Hi Paddy, If the kitchen staff were eager to get out and get to the pub for the England v Germany match about to start they weren’t showing … I am looking for somewhere to have lunch on Christmas Day. Contact venues to check details, we cannot be held responsible for any disappointment caused. Riddle & Finns Champagne and Oyster Bar and restaurant. Food: OMG. All the food is fresh and well prepared and very reasonably priced. Since opening in 2006, Riddle & Finns Champagne and Oyster Bar, tucked away in the maze-like Lanes, has established itself as one of the finest seafood restaurants in Brighton – or indeed anywhere. We hadn’t had them before, the Jersey...oysters were amazing! Our Website uses cookies to improve your experience. A local attraction - Saint Paul’s Parish Church, that is situated beside this bar, is a part of the unique culture of this city.If you prefer British cuisine, then Riddle and Finns is worth visiting. We didn’t see much more of her while we there and the other staff were incredibly friendly and professional at the same time.More, The mackerel pate and various mayo dips with the bread are a delicious lead in to a lovely seafood menu. They don’t give you bread with the crab here but I ordered some to mop up the best bit! Whilst the private dining room does not have sea views, it’s a fantastic little nook to enjoy a intimate meal with your group. 12:00 – 22:00, Thursday They never did charge for the cake - which only she ate - but then they did charge for 5 covers including my 9 month old grandson who spent most of the time sleeping in his pushchair. Say no more, love Riddle and Finns, Monday We will definitely return to this restaurant.More, We actually ate here for lunch two days running. Top notch fish - accompanied by a great Bloody Mary...and a crisp bottle of muscadet.More, Our first visit to Riddle & Finns, we just couldn’t fault the place. These great venues are still offering their lovely food as, Be ahead of the game with Restaurants Brighton, Brighton's re-opening restaurants, cafes, and pubs. It far exceeded our expectations with a five course taster menu based upon Skate. And happy to announce yes indeed we will! The restaurant set in the arches on the beach has an more relaxed atmosphere than its counterpart in the laines, and in the summer is the best place to enjoy seafood as you can sit outside in the sunshine with great views of the sea. Thank you to all the staff at Riddle & FinnsMore. It’s a tiny space with white tiled walls, an o ... Read our review of Riddle and Finns The Lanes. It was delicious. From a covid perspective, I felt safe. The mood is relaxed, yet there’s an unmistakably glamorous edge to proceedings – although nothing can trump the “great views” (we suggest sitting outside if you can). Our annual visit to R&F - another success... a little uninspiring for us. 12:00 – 22:00, Wednesday Tripadvisor gives a Travellers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. The restaurant itself is in an arch so...it has a rustic feel, with most of the seating on the first floor. It came to over £200 but was well worth it, we’ve been to R&F a few times now and will possibly return to the Lanes establishment next time just to mix it up. Always have oysters if you like them and today I followed with the Keralan curry. One dish, long to be remembered and rolled out at dinner parties, is the confit sea trout starter with kohlrabi and apple salad, whisky walnuts and a roquefort dressing, a combination that was somehow (thankfully) invented by the chef here. Riddle And Finns The Lanes, Brighton: See 1,343 unbiased reviews of Riddle And Finns The Lanes, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #48 of 1,147 restaurants in Brighton. Their menu features the freshest seasonal seafood, meat and vegetables and crustacea each of which can be accompanied by wines and Champagnes. InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Brighton, Hotels near Brighton Museum and Art Gallery, Restaurants near Riddle and Finns The Beach, British Restaurants for Families in Brighton, Late Night Middle Eastern Restaurants in Brighton, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Brighton, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Brighton. We got off to a bad start when we asked one of...the wait staff if they’d be ok bringing out a chocolate birthday cake we’d brought for her after our main course. The menu has a wide selection to offer even for non...fish eaters. Mains of wild halibut and a fish pie were great and washed down with an excellent Sauvignon Blanc and a couple of cocktails. Please let me know if it's something you accommodate. I've eaten at both restaurants previously and always enjoyed the experience. There are a few vegetarian dishes but this is for fish lovers and so if you don’t like fish don’t go! Are you sure you want to delete this answer? BN1 1HB. Unlike the original Lanes restaurant the new beachfront branch does accept reservations & is available to hire for parties & corporate functions. All the staff were very helpful to be honest. Matt Riddle has reportedly signed a new WWE contract, according to a report from Fightful Select's Sean Ross Sapp. And not just that - Brighton born champagne and oyster bar Riddle and Finns has confirmed it will be moving in to the rotunda on the upper prom. All Rights Reserved | 20 Grant Street, Brighton, BN2 9UN | Registered in England and Wales No. Riddle and Finns II or ‘Riddles on the Beach’ is the sister restaurant to the highly acclaimed Riddle & Finns in the Lanes. Whether you are looking for a bowl of chowder or 24 freshly shucked oysters and a glass of wine and vintage champagne, Riddle & Finns has everything. Riddle and Finns Brighton – Classic dishes Their menu is full of classic seafood dishes like the seafood platter, the fish pie, whole crabs, oysters, caviar – and many catches of the day. The staff were just so friendly and helpful that it gave us a truly wonderful dining experience. The staff made a fuss of our little princess and joined in singing Happy Birthday to her when her cake came up and she had an absolutely wonderful time. I couldn’t believe how much seafood came with the linguine and it was all cooked to perfection. I was wondering if you would cater for large groups as I have my 40th in April and would be looking at a group of around 22. Rated 4.6/5 stars! 12b Meeting House Lane. Please check back for updates, everything should be on our website early next week # riddleandfinnsathome # loveseafood # specialdinners See More Riddle and Finns | 17 followers on LinkedIn. See you next year.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in South Africa. The menu at Riddle & Finns continues to evolve in a manner that keeps things as reassuringly fresh as the fish, however. It was delicious. “Wonderful fish” is the reason for choosing this bijou restaurant, a beachfront sibling to Riddle & Finns’ South Lanes original. Good wine and Champagne selection; including local English sparkling. We moved on and after the bread and dips arrived we had half a dozen mixed Jersey and Irish oysters which were delicious. Riddle & Finns The Beach restaurant in Brighton. They don’t give you bread with the crab here but I ordered some to mop up the best bit! The staff were just so friendly and helpful that it gave us a truly wonderful dining experience. 12:00 – 22:00, View this year’s Brighton Restaurant Award winners. Here is another lovely Brighton restaurant review. Amazing seafood” is the reason for choosing this bijou eatery, tucked away in Brighton’s maze-like South Lanes. Service impeccable, the food outstanding, and a lovely friendly atmosphere. It was really the only wrong foot, or flipper, that fish restaurant Riddle and Finns put forward as the sun scorched Brighton at lunchtime. Again both fresh as a Daisy and delicious. Hi Ester, Hope to visit again when we are next in BrightonMore, We got a last minute reservation pre lockdown. help support your local hospitality industry here, Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, Follow their Instagram for specials, daily updates and menus - @Riddleandfinns1. Hubby had fish pie one day and smoked haddock fillet the next. Hope to visit again when we are next in Brighton. The Lanes. Finished with one mango parfait which was a good choice to end the meal. Thank you to all the staff at Riddle & Finns. Riddle and Finns. And secondly my partner has certain eating requirements- would You be able to email me your menu please? Sign up here. One gripe - cover charge + service charge. Lots of people asking if we will doing our finish at home boxes duri... ng lockdown. We moved on and after the bread and dips arrived we had half a dozen mixed Jersey and Irish oysters which were delicious. I love that this place doesn’t offer the obligatory steak for those who don’t like fish. The staff were so helpful and coped exceptionally well with the rather difficult table next to us. Great food- wanted to eat here for ages and the food was amazing. The staff were so helpful and coped exceptionally well with the rather difficult table next to us. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. Sorry for the slow reply. the wait staff if they’d be ok bringing out a chocolate birthday cake we’d brought for her after our main course. As you may know I love going out for food and drinks, exploring different restaurants, cultures, fresh food and fun atmosphere. We are closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. The three adults all had moules marinière, fat and juicy mussels with possibly too little liquid (and strangely no bread to mop up what there was) but suitably enjoyed nonetheless. Many thanks, Ester. Get quick answers from Riddle and Finns The Beach staff and past visitors. Finished with one mango parfait which was a good choice to end the meal. I don't care how popular your restaurant is, there is no excuse for rudeness to customers who simply ask for service. Hi can you tell me if there is parking near to the restaurant please. We were concerned at how close some of the downstairs tables were- much less than 1m apart and much closer than we have seen anywhere else. “Yes of course but I must tell you that it will be £3 per head for everybody that has a piece..” How to get your hackles up.. RB cannot be responsible for prices, opening times, menus featured. Starters were ceviche, which was bream on the day we visited and I was toying between the tuna tartare and the sashimi. Great menu choice, attentive and quick service. I was not disappointed and will be visiting again after the country reopens!More, We possibly made a mistake by choosing this restaurant to celebrate our granddaughter’s fourth birthday, we were thinking too much about our wants and needs but everything turned out ok in the end. British, Seafood, Fish restaurant cuisine. We ate outside on the first occasion and booked a table for indoors the next day. I will certainly be back!More, We eat at Riddle & Finn The Beach on their OctoberBest promotion. Riddle and Finns. Overlooking the beach & directly across the road from the Brighton Centre the restaurant offers the same selection of classic seafood dishes made from the freshest ingredients with the addition of some meat dishes for the non pescetarians. Each course was beautifully presented both on the plate and by the member of the team serving us. The staff were very attentive, and would like to thank Marco for his humour and knowledge of what to eat and drink. This is such a great find if you love seafood. It's worth coming to this place because of tasty fried oysters, dover sole and chorizo.Many people point out that waiters offer good pudding, parkin and ice cream here. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. With dishes you’re guaranteed to love, order now for delivery within 32 minutes We are closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Overlooking the beach & directly across the road from the Brighton Centre the restaurant offers the same selection of classic seafood dishes made from the freshest ingredients with the addition of some meat dishes for the non-pescetarians. Lesson learned for me... wait until you’ve spent a few bob before mentioning a birthday cake, the girl was only spouting the party line to be fair. Copyright Harvey Marketing Company Ltd © 2021. Brighton. With so premium a location by the sea, it's no wonder that Riddle & Finns offer such a bounty of seafood on their menu. One place I have been dying to go to is a fish restaurant in Brighton, Riddle and Finns. Good wine and Champagne selection; including local English sparkling. Riddle and Finns The Beach, Brighton: See 2,441 unbiased reviews of Riddle and Finns The Beach, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #50 of 1,145 restaurants in Brighton. Mains were cod with fried rice and the Singapore crab. Our dishes feature the freshest seasonal seafood, crustacea, meat and vegetables, each of which can be accompanied by wines and Champagnes from our extensive and carefully considered menu. Oysters as a starter both days and lobster salad for me one day and grilled lobster the next. Riddle and Finns South East England; Riddle and Finns, Brighton; Get Menu, Reviews, Contact, Location, Phone Number, Maps and more for Riddle and Finns Restaurant on Zomato ☺️ After a break over Xmas and new year we are now putting together the menu for next week. Riddle & Finns The Beach is the sister restaurant to the highly acclaimed Riddle & Finns in The Lanes. Cover charge unnecessary, service charge should be separate and optional. I would recommend heading to the Restaurants Brighton website - they have a comprehensive list of all the restaurants in Brighton offering Christmas Day bookings. Riddle and Finns II or ‘Riddles on the Beach’ is the sister restaurant to the highly acclaimed Riddle & Finns in the Lanes. Again both fresh as a Daisy and delicious. 12:00 – 22:00, Sunday The crab was exactly like it is in Singapore (I have had many a chilli crab over there) including the gloopy, sauce. Are you sure you want to delete this question? We were staying locally to celebrate a birthday and ended up eating here twice. All was excellent, beautifully presented and lovely staff both days. Offering an unfussy standard of style and ambience allowed us to focus on our food and wine menus. See 872 visitor reviews! A great credit to the restaurant. Robert Shenton | Brighton, United Kingdom | Restaurant Owner at Riddle & Finns | 0 connection | See Robert's complete profile on Linkedin and connect All the staff were very helpful to be honest. We...took the wine flight option which perfectly complemented the food. Sorry for the slow reply. Food: OMG. Images featured on restaurantsbrighton.co.uk are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. An al fresco terrace seats up to 40 guests while the restaurant itself seats 55, with a private dining room seating up to 15 covers, Riddles on the Beach is the perfect place to enjoy a glass or two of bubbly with some freshly shucked oysters or a celebratory seafood banquet. I couldn’t believe how much seafood came with the linguine and it was all cooked to perfection. We didn’t see much more of her while we there and the other staff were incredibly friendly and professional at the same time.