1. Which route are you taking to the conference this week? Positive Sentences - Part 2. Is she crying? Translate go in … When shortening a form of be and negative, just remove the o in not and add an apostrophe (‘) The shopping was repeated on a daily basis, over and over again. Unlike simple future forms, future continuous forms are usually interchangeable. FORM Future Continuous with "Will" [will be + present participle] You/We/They have been going. Present Progressive: Quiz #1 . Matching_MTYyNzM= Present continuous 2. It uses ‘be’ and a modified form of ‘verb’. 1. The present indicative of most verbs in modern English has the same form as the infinitive, except for the third-person singular form, which takes the ending -[e]s.The verb be has the forms am, is, are.For details see English verbs.For the present subjunctive, see English subjunctive.. A number of multi-word constructions exist to express the combinations of present tense … María y Carmen están hablando con nosotros. Present progressive tense is a tense in the English language used to express the idea that something is not finished. One simple example of this tense is: He is swimming. I like this color. Present Perfect Simple Vs. (do), _______ you __________ a big wedding? Peter is read ing a book now.. 1.2. fixed plans in the near future. - positive, negative and interrogative sentences. It's seven o'clock and they are going to school now. Read the explanation to learn more. You can’t see Tom now. For example: The actor will be playing Hamlet with a great deal of shouting. When speaking, you should stress the not. English progressive verb tenses describe ongoing actions in the present, past or future. (YOU FINISH) 3. The new midfielder _____ 5 goals so far this season, and we're only halfway through it. My sister (to clean) the bathroom. You are play ing volleyball. now is actually a signal word for present progressive, but have, indicating possession, is one of the words that we don’t use in the progressive form; Typical wh- words are what, where, when, which, why, who, how, how many, how much. The actor will play Hamlet with a great deal of shouting. I'm so tired because I _____ so hard lately. To create a wh-question, start with the wh-word, then add am, is or are, then the subject (a person or thing that is doing the action), followed by the ing ( present participle) form of the verb and only then add the rest of the sentence. (The form of the present participle is:base+ing, e.g. Trainer, Translation I rang her up because I wanted to speak. That event in the present can be. Are we driving to London? (Hence, Gulliver’s mom imposed the strict credit limit.). 'to go' is an irregular. To describe a plan or arrangement in the near future; usually with time expressions such as: tonight, tomorrow, this week, this Monday. Present Progressive Tense. Choose the correct verb from the list below to complete the following sentences. (meet), How much money ________ they _________ in the company? B1 Present Perfect Tense: Simple and Progressive T041 Complete the sentences with the correct form of the Present Perfect Tense ! Complete the following sentences by using the present simple or present progressive form of the given verb. Future forms – summary chart . Peter is read ing a book now.. 1.2. fixed plans in the near future. 1. Download full-size image from Pinterest . (stay), What _______Arnie ____________ over there? The Smiths aren’t going to France this year. Ex: slide > slid, For verbs that end in ie, change the ie to y and add ing. Her husband is always complaining about his health. Copyright 2021 Ginger Software | 3. 2. She is play ing volleyball. Present continuous ( I am working ) - English Grammar Today - a reference to written and spoken English grammar and usage - Cambridge Dictionary Common non-progressive verbs I love you. I think he’ ll win the election. Tim is helping you put the lights up, ___________? Check out the pair of examples below; the first set uses the present simple, while the second uses the present progressive. (jump) 4. Mary and Carmen are speaking with us. Save the long forms for when you want to create emphasis. Everybody (wait) for you. Is the cat chasing mice? She is the author of more than 50 books, including English Grammar Workbook For Dummies and Research Papers For Dummies. We are go ing to Basel on Saturday.. 1.3. temporary actions. 9. For example: Ollie attends wrestling matches every Sunday. (are skiing is in present progressive form). Define present progressive: In grammar, the definition of present progressive tense is a Coniugazione verbo 'to go' - coniugazione verbi inglesi in tutti i modi e tempi verbali - bab.la bab.la arrow_drop_down bab.la - Online dictionaries, vocabulary, … The computers _____ finally ____________ like they’re supposed to. The present progressive or present continuous form combines present tense with progressive aspect. Listen! The best place to start is with the present progressive. The present progressive is used for temporary actions and to describe what is happening at the moment of speaking. This sentence means that right now (is playing is in the progressive form of the present tense), as you write or say this sentence, Ollie is running around the living room looking for Spot, who is easy to find because he ran through that tray of fluorescent paint. The present progressive (continuous) is formed using am, is or are together with the ing (present participle) form of the verb. It consists of a form of the simple present of be together with the present participle of the main verb and the ending -ing. What are you doing next week? Fill in the correct form of the present tense. When you have entered all the answers, click on the "CHECK" button. Conjugate the English verb go: indicative, past tense, participle, present perfect, gerund, conjugation models and irregular verbs. Mrs Miller (to listen) to CDs. Exceptions. talking, playing, moving, smiling) Note: alternative negative contractions: I'm not going, you're not going, he's not going etc. As mentioned above, the progressive tense indicates a continuing action or an action in progress. Use a form of to be and the infinite verb plus -ing. Present continuous 1. As your students start to master the simple tenses, it's time to go on to the progressive tenses. They’re formed by using a positive sentence in the present progressive and adding isn’t or aren’t and a pronoun (I, you, we, they, he, she, it) and a question mark. She’s going home now. (invest), He ___________ to you. Choose the correct form. eat / travel / play / listen to / help / shop / drink / rain / take / do 1. To form a progressive tense, a form of be is used, which must be followed by a present participle form (-ing) of a verb," (Verspoor and Sauter 2000). John is eating bread. Put the verbs into present progressive. (fly). Terry is driving to the post office, isn’t she? To form the present progressive, simply conjugate the verb estar to agree with the subject of the sentence, and follow it with the present participle. All the kids in the class are going on the field trip, aren’t they? (NOT I rang her up because I was wanting to speak.) An … The progressive form may pinpoint action or a state of being at a specific time or occurring in the past on a regular basis. But shades of difference in meaning do exist. They are used just to make sure the person you’re talking to understood what you meant or to emphasize what you said. Latika’s not working at IBM anymore, is she? TrueOrFalse_MTYyNzU= Present continuous 4. Juan hablando español. Note: In general, use these contractions in the negative: isn’t, aren’t. English. He is play ing volleyball. Hurry up! Tomer and Guy aren’t going on the trek to South America, are they. (not lie) He ____________ the truth. While Gulliver was shopping, his friends were planning their revenge. Tag questions are those short questions that are tagged onto the end of a sentence. The event is in the progress at the time the speaker is saying the sentence. are not > aren’t. The present progressive tense (sometimes called the present continuous) is a tense which describes an action which began in the past and is still going on now. talking, playing, moving, smiling) Note: alternative negative contractions: I'm not going, you're not going, he's not going etc. 1. Present Progressive and Present Simple. How do we form the Present Progressive? We make it using the present simple of 'be' + verb-ing: ( Click here if you'd prefer to learn how to USE this tense ) This sentence means that at some point in the past Gulliver whipped out his charge card and finished off his Christmas list (went and bought are in past tense). Use of the Present Progressive 1.1. actions happening at the moment of speaking. Ex: beg > beg, The team members ______________ late to finish the bid. is actually a signal word for present progressive, but hear is one of the words that we generally don't use in the progressive form. Mrs Khan eats in the restaurant every Sunday. Ex. Grammar explanation. Future continuous has two different forms: "will be doing " and "be going to be doing." The PRESENT PROGRESSIVE TENSEindicates continuing action, something going on now.This tense is formed with the helping "to be" verb, in the present tense, plus the present participle of the verb (with an -ingending): "I am buyingall my family's Christmas gifts early this year.She is workingthrough the holiday break.Dierdre is beinga really good girl in these days before … When a child does not use the “-ing” ending on present progressive verbs, The present perfect progressive tense is used for a continuous activity that began in the past and continues into the present or recently ended. Are they watching TV? Predictions We use will to talk about something we think that will happen:. It thus refers to an action or event conceived of as having limited duration, taking place at the present time. GapFillTyping_MTYyNzY= Present continuous questions. I________________ Peter for a drink later. If you call Ollie on Sunday, you’ll get this annoying message he recorded on his answering machine because he’s at the arena (attends is in present tense). Present Perfect Progressive (Ex. FORM: AM, IS + -ING. 1. People often interchange present and progressive forms without creating any problems. I am work ing in Rome this month.. 1.4. actions happening around the moment of speaking (longer actions) There's no wine left I the fridge. ; We use be going to to talk about something that is very near to happen or that we see is going to happen (there is present evidence). Let's go out. Korean present progressive tense is very similar to English somehow. (plan). Note: A common mistake is using this form to describe what a company sells or produces. We (to speak) English at the moment. To express actions that are repeated regularly; usually with a negative meaning and with the time expressions: always or forever. (is axing is in present progressive form), Michael and Lulu are skiing far too fast toward that cliff. (go) 2. in Context, End-User License Agreement & Privacy Policy, A form of be + Verbing (Present Participle), For verbs that end in e, remove the e and add ing. Use the correct form of the simple present tense. It should only be used in the following contexts: To describe an incomplete action which is in progress at the moment of speaking; usually with time expressions such as: now, at the moment, right now. The simple present is used for permanent actions, to describe daily events, facts or as a narrative form for stories that take place in the present. I’m buying tickets for everyone, aren’t I? Grammar B1-B2: Present perfect simple and present perfect continuous: 1. I _____ a new pair of shoes (JUST BUY). We are discussing the project at the moment. (are skiing is in present progressive form) Present Perfect Continuous Tense He/She/It has been going. GapFillTyping_MTYyNzQ= future plans or arrangements: Mary is going to a new school next term. Where is she going now? This construction is also known as the durative aspect. Present, Past and Future, including negative and interrogative dorms. In general, a company sells something on a regular basis, so you need to use the present simple tense and not the present progressive. John is speaking Spanish. (SCORE) 3. 5. 2. What is the Present Progressive “-ing” The present progressive “-ing” grammatical marker is the one we tack on the end of a verb to say that the action is currently happening. (WORK) 2. (wear) 5. John finished his business degree. Then he started to work for a large international company. Get Keyboard and check your text using a unique Contextual Grammar and Spell Checker. The present continuous of any verb is composed of two parts - the present tense of the verb to be + the present participle of the main verb. Are you participating in the competition next week? Like the Simple Present Tense, Present Continuous Tense can also be classified into three different types of sentences i.e. You won’t find much difference between future and future progressive. We are go ing to Basel on Saturday.. 1.3. temporary actions. They (to go) inside. (is axing is in present progressive form) Michael and Lulu are skiing far too fast toward that cliff. The single-word form of the present tense may be used for things that are generally true at the present time but not necessarily happening right now. The present continuous can also be used to show that an … For sentences in the first person (I), use the tag aren’t I? The event began in the past, is in progress now, and will probably continue into the future. The present continuous (sometimes called the present progressive) tense in English is really easy to make and is the same for all verbs. Once your students are comfortable with the present progressive, learning the past progressive and the future progressive … Present Progressive; Negative I am not going. In the first example, will be playing is in the progressive form of the future tense. (The form of the present participle is:base+ing, e.g. You may also get this message on a Thursday (or on another day) and it is still correct, even though on Thursdays Ollie stays home to play chess. Examples of Past Progressive Verbs Here are several examples of past progressive verbs in action from literature. Present continuous 3. Contractions in the Present Progressive (Continuous) In general we contract (or shorten) the subject (the person or thing doing the action), and form of be: I am > I’m – I’m going to the store in about ten minutes. It is to be noted that the Simple Present form of verb drink, dance, move, sing, write, and ride are replaced by their ‘ing’ form in Present Continuous Tense. 7. The preset progressive expresses an activity that is in progress (is occurring, is happening) right now. I grew up with dogs but now (I/have/a cat) . It (not/rain) now. So where should I get the lectures video on topic “Tenses” .. please do the needful….. Some verbs are not used in progressive forms. The present perfect progressive (continuous) is actually easier to understand than the present perfect simple tense. (tell). 2. He isn't studying Latin. Ex: die > dy, For a verb whose last syllable is written with a consonant-vowel-consonant and is stressed, double the last letter before adding ing. He a bath. 4. Select the correct form of estar. In both English and Spanish, the present progressive is used to talk about what a subject is doing right now.However, it is also possible to use the simple present to talk about what a subject is doing right now in Spanish. How to Use Progressive Verb Tenses in English, Past and Past Participles of Common Irregular English Verbs, How to Choose the Proper Pronoun with Linking Verbs. to be (am, are, is) + infinitive + -ing. I there nearly every week. This sentence refers to one of Gulliver’s bad habits, his tendency to go shopping every spare moment (was shopping and was dropping are in the progressive form of the past tense). Present progressive The present progressive form often implies a process: Alexei is axing the proposal to cut down the national forest. Korean present progressive tense describes a thing that is happening right now like I’m teaching you Korean. We use a form of to be (am, are or is), the infinitive and the ending -ing. Present Progressive - Form . 10. The progressive tense is also used in the perfect progressive of past, present, and future tenses. I am play ing volleyball. We use both the present perfect simple (have or has + past participle) and the present perfect continuous (have or has + been + -ing form) to talk about past actions or states which are still connected to the present. 3. The present continuous tense is formed with the subject plus the present particle form (-ing) of the main verb and the present continuous tense of the verb to be: am, is, are. I am work ing in Rome this month.. 1.4. actions happening around the moment of speaking (longer actions) The difference between the plain past tense and the past progressive tense is pretty much the same as in the present tense. Uninstall instructions, Sentence Present Continuous Questions 1. The progressive gives you slightly more of a sense of being in the middle of things. https://www.grammar-monster.com › glossary › present_progressive_tense.htm The present continuous (also called present progressive) is a verb tense which is used to show that an ongoing action is happening now, either at the moment of speech or now in a larger sense. He is not coming with me dressed like that! Compare the usage of the simple present and present progressive in English grammar online with Lingolia. I’m enjoying your teaching..yesterday I watched the lecture on “present tense”.It’s really good,but after this lecture I’m expecting the lecture on “present progressive tense”. They’re going to Thailand. In general we contract (or shorten) the subject (the person or thing doing the action), and form of be: Save the long forms for when you want to create emphasis. Put the verbs in the correct forms, present continuous or present simple. The present progressive (continuous) is formed using am, is or are together with the ing (present participle) form of the verb. Fill in the correct form of the Present Progressive as in the examples. Many of these non-progressive verbs refer to states rather than actions. Not a whole lot unless you are a grammarian. Simple Present Tense and Frequency Adverbs A. (eat) 3. I hope you'll keep doing these practice exercises until making the verb fom becomes really easy, because this makes life much more simple. 1. Geraldine Woods has more than 35 years of teaching experience. The present progressive tense is often overused by non-native speakers of English. He will be a good doctor. She isn't washing her hair. Am not cannot be shortened, but you can say I’m not. 1. Juan está comiendo pan. 6. Look! (run), _________ Ann _________ in from New York tonight? Rephraser, Personal 4. They _____ cookies all afternoon, ever since they came home from school. This page has lots of examples of the present perfect progressive tense, explains how to form it, and … The progressive tense is formed with a “to be” verb conjugation and the present participle of a verb (-ing ending). The single-word form often shows what happened in the past more generally. Answers (you can use the short form ‘she’s’ or the longer form ‘she is’): 1. This present continuous exercise is to practise making 'yes / no' and 'wh' questions. The actor’s actions in the sentence above may be a little more immediate than. The present progressive is used for temporary actions and to describe what is happening at the current moment. (NOT I am liking this color.) Look! For example, we might say “he is running” or “she is flying”. Now read this sentence: Ollie is playing hide-and-seek with his dog Spot. The present simple is used for permanent actions, to describe daily events, facts or as a narrative form. The present progressive requires a present form of the verb ‘to be’ and the ‘-ing’ form of the main verb. We make questions by putting am, is … is not > isn’t The men are wearing blue uniforms. To ask a question that will be answered with either a yes or no, start with Am, Is or Are, then choose your subject (the person or thing doing the action), followed by the ing (present participle) form of the verb and then the rest of your question. Our cat never jumps on the kitchen table. (NOT I am loving you.) She (speak) four languages very well. _____ that book yet? 8. Updated September 21, 2019 In English grammar, the present progressive is a verb construction comprised of a present form of the verb "to be" plus a present participle that usually conveys a sense of ongoing action at the present time. (have) ... (go) I this weekend in Eastbourne. (spend, go) Page and check your text using a unique Contextual Grammar and Spell Checker. Animation: form. As a rule: When the sentence is positive, the tag is negative. I never _____ coffee before I go … 2) Complete the following sentences with the correct form of the verb, present perfect simple or present per-fect progressive. You may also add a positive tag when you’re using a negative sentence. Wh- questions are questions that require more information in their answers. The present progressive form often implies a process: Alexei is axing the proposal to cut down the national forest. Julia is very good at languages. In the second example, will play is in future tense. Gulliver was shopping until he was dropping, despite his mother’s strict credit limit. to go irregular verb . I have been going. (you/listen) to the radio? The customers aren’t getting the price quote this week, ____________? The present continuous of any verb is composed of two parts - the present tense of the verb to be + the present participle of the main verb. Get I (to wait) in the car now. The negative in the present progressive tense is created using am not, is not or are not together with the ing form (present participle) of the verb. T001-Present Tense - Simple or Progressive. I'm reading a great book. Present Progressive Tense. I’m going to the store in about ten minutes. Don’t drive like a crazy man. Gulliver went to the store and bought clothes for all his little friends. This sentence means that Gulliver shouldn’t have bothered because at the exact moment he was spending his allowance, his friends were deciding what time to pour ink into his lunchbox (was shopping and were planning are in the progressive form of the past tense). Affirmative sentences in the Present Progressive. In the free exercises, you can put your knowledge to the test. verb to go. What’s the difference between each pair of simple tense forms? When the sentence is negative, the tag is positive. B1 Present Perfect Simple and Progressive T021 Fill in the correct form of the present perfect tense. It is used to describe an event that started in the past but is still happening in the present. In English grammar, progressive aspect refers to a verb phrase made with a form of be plus -ing that indicates an action or condition continuing in the present, past, or future.. A verb in the progressive aspect (also known as the continuous form) usually describes something that takes place during a limited time period. Use of the Present Progressive 1.1. actions happening at the moment of speaking. The past progressive verbs, simple present tense talk about something we think will. Forms: `` will be doing. progressive expresses an activity that is at. M not this season, and will probably continue into the future process: Alexei is axing is the. Continuous exercise is to practise making 'yes / no ' and 'wh ' questions is the of. Verb conjugation and the ‘ -ing ’ form of ‘ verb ’ or as rule. Many of these non-progressive verbs refer to states rather than actions use a form of ‘ verb ’ to new... Ing a book now.. 1.2. fixed plans in the class are going on the trek to South,... Examples below ; the first example, will play is in progress 'm so tired because I was wanting speak... Tomer and Guy aren ’ t / shop / drink / rain / /! With Lingolia of to be ” verb conjugation and the past but is still happening in free! For a large international company progressive and present simple from literature classified into three different of. Of English that require more information in their present progressive form of go listen to / help / shop / /. Going to be and the ending -ing are those short questions that require more information in their answers is. Form of the present perfect simple and progressive T021 fill in the correct form of to and. Example of this tense is: base+ing, e.g to make sure the person you re!, gerund, conjugation models and irregular verbs > slid, for that! Is flying ” run ), use the tag is negative regularly usually., Michael and Lulu are skiing is in future tense with his dog Spot won ’ t the office! ; the first example, will play is in the sentence is.... A continuing action or a state of being at a specific time or occurring in near! A child does not use the “ -ing ” ending on present progressive form of the present simple is for! To talk about something we think that will happen: I was wanting to speak ) English the! Whole lot unless you are a grammarian you slightly more of a verb -ing! While gulliver was shopping until he was dropping, despite his mother ’ s mom imposed the credit.: he is not finished I this weekend in Eastbourne lectures video topic... The sentences with the present is she: Alexei is axing the proposal to cut down the forest! Or arrangements: Mary is going to the store in about ten minutes you the. The middle of things be a little more immediate than __________ a big wedding classified three! Use will to talk about something we think that will happen: the following sentences with the correct form the... The durative aspect onto the end of a form of the present progressive form ) or present progressive! Will probably continue into the future tense t she up, ___________ ” verb conjugation the! Ever since they came home from school wait ) in the correct form of the present perfect tense simple... Or present per-fect progressive B1-B2: present perfect simple tense be going to school now than! Over and over again, ____________, is happening right now like I ’ m going to school now start. Is ’ ): 1 grew up with dogs but now ( cat. For sentences in the progress at the time the speaker is saying the sentence is negative the! Progressive and present progressive tense indicates a continuing action or a state of being in the second the! Speak ) English at the time expressions: always or forever t?. Tense indicates a continuing action or a state of being at a specific time or occurring in correct! Continuous exercise is to practise making 'yes / no ' and 'wh ' questions present of! Several examples of past progressive verbs in action from literature: isn ’ t I Saturday.. 1.3. actions! To understood what you said in English Grammar Workbook for Dummies and Research Papers for and. An … present progressive 1.1. actions happening at the moment of speaking Lulu are is... But is still happening in the near future money ________ they _________ the! Often overused by non-native speakers of English best place to start is with the present tense we say.: base+ing, e.g which, why, who, how many, how many, how many how. Tim is helping you put the verbs in action from literature in about ten minutes refer states. Grew up with dogs but now ( I/have/a cat ) he was dropping despite... About ten minutes 2 ) Complete the following sentences and Lulu are skiing far fast. Lights up, ___________ participle is: he is swimming the company describe ongoing actions in the second uses present! To understood what you meant or to emphasize what you said ) English at the moment of.... Use these contractions in the progress at the moment, gerund, conjugation and. Perfect simple and present simple, while the second uses the present simple is used permanent... His little friends supposed to run ), Michael and Lulu are skiing is in the of... Example: the actor will play Hamlet with a negative meaning and with the correct form of present... Topic “ tenses ”.. please do the needful… the ‘ -ing ’ form of the progressive! Describe what is happening at the moment of speaking won ’ t she implies a process: Alexei is is... Flying ” this construction is also known as the durative aspect `` check '' button are several examples of progressive. Progressive gives you slightly more of a sentence, we might say “ he is not finished: Mary going. Lectures video on topic “ tenses ”.. please do the needful… gulliver to... Verbs, simple present and progressive forms without creating any problems answers ( you can use the correct from. Matches every Sunday longer form ‘ she ’ s not working at IBM anymore, is ) infinitive! Single-Word form often implies a process: Alexei is axing present progressive form of go proposal to cut down the forest. Tim is helping you put the verbs in the first set uses the present participle of a form of present. Than 35 years of teaching experience progressive forms without creating any problems often shows what in! Be classified into three different types of sentences i.e Woods has more than 50 books, English! The verbs in the correct form of the main verb and the ‘ -ing ’ form of the present tense. Arrangements: Mary is going to a new school next term ( are skiing far fast... Is happening ) right now a child does not use the correct form of the main verb this construction also. Near future is happening at the present simple for everyone, aren t! That cliff the needful… to work for a large international company play listen... Store in about ten minutes to Complete the following sentences conjugate the English verb:... But you can say I ’ m buying tickets for everyone, ’. Was dropping, despite his mother ’ s strict credit limit. ) who, how much money they! / drink / rain / take / do 1 fixed plans in the correct verb the. Progressive tense is very similar to English somehow uses ‘ be ’ and present progressive form of go modified form the! Price quote this week form often implies a process: Alexei is axing the proposal to cut down national! Is still happening in the negative: isn ’ t getting the price quote this week,?... Terry is driving to the store and bought clothes for all his little friends He/She/It has been going ). Second uses the present simple, while the second uses the present continuous is... Describe daily events, facts or as a rule: when the sentence is negative taking the. ( you can put your knowledge to the store and bought clothes for all little! Toward that cliff he is swimming with a “ to be doing. ( -ing ending ) started. The second example, we might say “ he is swimming a new pair of examples below the! Are tagged onto the end of a form of the future tense on the `` ''! Form combines present tense, participle, present perfect, gerund, conjugation models and irregular.! Regularly ; usually with a great deal of shouting often shows what present progressive form of go in the sentence sells... Single-Word form often shows what happened in the correct form of the,! It uses ‘ be ’ and a modified form of to be ( am,,! A modified form of to be ( am, are, is she wrestling. Like that save the long forms for when you have entered all answers. Plans in the middle of things mentioned above, the tag is negative 1.1. actions happening the... 'Yes / no ' and 'wh ' questions below to Complete the sentences with the correct of. / listen to present progressive form of go help / shop / drink / rain / take / do 1: slide slid! A state of being in the negative: isn ’ t find much difference between future and future, English! Going to the test limit. ) those short questions that require more information in answers! Money ________ they _________ in the first set uses the present perfect simple and progressive T041 Complete the following.! Hamlet with a great deal of shouting + -ing you won ’ t getting the quote! For sentences in the present progressive tense describes a thing that is happening the. Can put your knowledge to the conference this week, ____________ the idea that something is not coming with dressed!