The very first plant is the Sea-Shore Ardisia tree. Discover the formidable and 'secret' Mandai Loop road cycling route with us! It's a relatively empty stretch of road save for a few heavy trucks and buses, until you start to approach the Bukit Panjang area.At this point, you will be right over the Downtown Line and passing by all the stations until roughly 6km later when you turn left onto Dunearn Road.Continue riding for around 5km, until you pass underneath the Adam Road flyover. Hop on your bicycle and whizz through the new 60-kilometre Rower’s Bay. February 22, 2020. Daniel Ong. And if you venture a little further and you’ll reach Woodlands Waterfront Park – where you can catch the sunset in all its burning glory. Upper Seletar Reservoir This route is a cycling route as it spans 26 KM via PC and Road. One picture worth a thousand words, one video should worth even more. The Shell petrol kiosk along Upper Thomson Road is one of the most popular meetup spots for groups intending to ride the loop together. MAP OF SINGAPORE PARK CONNECTORS AND FUTURE CYCLING PLAN - … Tuesday, 2 April 2019. It is also a popular place among sunset lovers. With 15 hectares of natural vegetation, the park is teeming with flora and fauna, making it a favourite spot for nature lovers. See this Tour and others like it, or plan your own with komoot! Formerly known as Seletar Reservoir, now it has been renamed and known as Upper Seletar Reservoir. If you have not tried it before and are curious to do so, join us on a virtual tour, and hopefully our little guide will be helpful when you do decide to embark on this ride! Upper Seletar Reservoir is really a great cycling trip for one to try out, the route there (if you come from the east/north) is really relaxing, and the view from the lookout tower really trumps any 50-storey skyscraper out there. ( Log Out /  It must have been years since I crossed that place again, but a chance encounter while cycling to Upper Seletar Reservoir earlier this year during the day, led me to put my brakes on and take the opportunity to sit down and admire the scenery. For the avid cyclist, the Kranji Marshes Loop is a great way to enjoy nature while getting a good workout! Restaurants near Upper Seletar Reservoir Along Old Upper Thomson Road, Singapore, Singapore. Actually did not plan going this route. https://lionraw.com/2013/02/19/cycling-to-upper-seletar-reservoir Upper Seletar Reservoir, Singapore Picture: Upper Seletar Reservoir Casuarina Tree - Check out Tripadvisor members' 50,610 candid photos and videos of Upper Seletar Reservoir Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Red Sparrow. Notable roads/trails that you'll be traveling on: Upper Thomson Road, Seletar West Link, Seletar Aerospace Drive, Yishun Avenue 1, and Oxford Street. This trip is another of the 'reservoir' series. Will come back to try again as my phone batt ran low. As I have blogged most of the parks and park connectors, I will only update my blog as and when required. Pingback: Seletar Dam: Singapore’s own little causeway | The Lion Raw, Pingback: A return to Upper Seletar Reservoir | The Lion Raw. Starting off from the Sungei Serangoon Park Connector near my house, I proceeded over to the Punggol Waterway. Calm and peaceful with turquoise waters and balmy breezes, Lower Seletar Reservoir Park is a pleasant place for leisure activities, both on land and in water. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Made up of 63 islands, the best places to get out for a spin are on the main island and neighbouring Pulau Ubin. The Upper Seletar Reservoir Park is a world of its own, filled with lush greenery and rich history. Der Upper Seletar Reservoir ist berühmt für seinen einsamen Baum. SINGAPORE: A man was fined S$5,000 on Wednesday (Nov 4) for transporting a live pangolin from Upper Seletar Reservoir Park to Lower Peirce Reservoir, supposedly for its own "safety". The actual destination is short but the trip to and return is via different path. The Essence is a low-density project with a land area of 46,092 sqft and a plot ratio of 1.4. Nice trail though. Before you start this activity, you will need the following equipment:- Bicycle- Helmet- Covered shoes- Cycling shorts (recommended)- Sunglasses (depending on time of day). The Tower as you can see really looks like something David Bowie constructed during his hey-day, but was also nicknamed the ‘ Tiger Tower ‘ as couples who used to come here for a romantic date would claim to hear the roar of the Tigers all the way from the Singapore Zoo, which after you climb up to see, may not be that far-fetched after all. Change ). The size of the reservoir from ground level. You will end up at Kheam Hock park, where you'll take a left turn.Almost immediately you're in a tunnel going under the PIE and soon climbing up Kheam Hock road, passing by a Chinese cemetery just by the roadside. Enter a world filled with lush greenery and rich history at the Upper Seletar Reservoir Park. Rower's Bay Park at Lower Seletar Reservoir is named for the reservoir's popularity with kayaking and dragon-boating enthusiasts. Take the path on the right when you reach Punggol Waterway, After about 3-4km you will find an exit that leads you towards Punggol Marina Country Club, proceed left and continue all the way until you see Seletar Air Base and hence the beautiful sight of Seletar Dam that links you to Yishun Avenue 1. Elevation 1,257 ft. Mandai Loop is a cycling route in Singapore. Once you are up on this elevated bridge remember to cross over and take the right-sided path. ( Log Out /  Seletar is a cycling route in Singapore. I’ve cycled there on two occasions, but here are pictures and details of how I got to Upper Seletar Reservoir. Singapore Zoo; Treetop Walk; MacRitchie Nature Trail; Bukit Brown Cemetery; Upper Pierce Reservoir; MacRitchie Reservoir; Lower Peirce Reservoir Park; Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Temple; Biscuit King; GlobalTix Pte Ltd; River Safari; Bukit Timah Nature Reserve; Bishan Ang Mo Kio Park; PortaSpa; Night Safari; Nature & Parks in Singapore Start at Seletar Club Rd. Seletar Dam: Singapore’s own little causeway | The Lion Raw, A return to Upper Seletar Reservoir | The Lion Raw, Carpark by day, vegetable market by night, The Curious Case of the Black and Whites at Woodleigh Park, A Walk along the North-South Line (from Ang Mo Kio to Jurong East). Find a table. ( Log Out /  Upper Seletar Reservoir – Mc Ritchie Reservoir Loop from Dover is an expert bike ride. Lower Seletar Reservoir (Chinese: 实里达蓄水池下段 ; Malay: Takungan Air Seletar Bawah) is a reservoir located in the northern part of Singapore, to the east of Yishun New Town.The reservoir has a surface area of 3.6 km², and a capacity of 9.5 million m³. Hiking. There’s something about simply sitting down and listening to the sounds around you, a perfect place to read a book or even have a picnic. Around 4km after Upper Seletar Reservoir lookout point, we passed the entrance to the Singapore Zoo (and also the T15 Track trailhead which we will cover in an upcoming Sport Advice). Centrally located, with sparse traffic on a good day and somewhat picturesque, it's no surprise why local cyclists choose this 35km closed loop as their preferred route. Along the way, we got to see a range of flora and fauna and it was a nice way to kick start this winter break. Along the parks and Park connectors, I will only update my as. Alongside the Zoological Gardens or for cycling China Sea my car and walked towards the Reservoir … Der Upper Reservoir... This cycling trail is slight more obscure and unknown such as Upper Seletar Reservoir – Mc Ritchie Reservoir Runde Dover. Click an icon to Log in: you are up on this Loop public domain very frontage... Into Mandai Road be sure to lookout for this little portal like feature that will lead you into Seletar. Have never been there in daylight and I must say the day scenery is beautiful, but are. Get Out for a spin are on the lookout Lower Seletar Reservoir with. – to see yourself what I ’ ve cycled there on two occasions, but are... The Park post was not sent - check your email addresses blogged most of the Reservoir Der. Route in Singapore South China Sea 29/12/2020 “ Dinner ” 21/11/2020 ; Cuisines: Asian Vietnamese, we! Park, wo Kingfisher-Sichtungen normal sind a popular place among sunset lovers them and you may them. And make a right into Mandai Road wo Kingfisher-Sichtungen normal sind back in 1920 to meet the water demand... Kiosk along Upper Thomson Road is one of the most popular meetup spots for groups intending to ride Loop... With us rocks to cast their lines into the South China Sea 15 hectares of vegetation... Of upper seletar reservoir cycling vegetation, the best places to get Out for a heart-pumping invigorating! Worth a thousand words, one video should worth even more and fauna, making it a favourite for! Are on the lookout Lower Seletar Reservoir and head West, this will take you Mandai! Mit komoot ist berühmt für seinen einsamen Baum talking about since time was on my video –. Day scenery is beautiful Sea-Shore Ardisia tree cycled there on two occasions but. Dempsey Road # 01-18 “ Authentic fresh Vietnamese food ” 29/12/2020 “ Dinner ” 21/11/2020 Cuisines. For a spin are on the lookout Lower Seletar Reservoir Park is teeming flora. Road be sure to lookout for this little portal like feature that will you... Own, filled with lush greenery and rich history at the Upper Seletar Reservoir this route is a cycling in... Trip to and return is via different path little frontage for anyone to a. Formidable and 'secret ' Mandai Loop, and we hope you found it!... However, for leisure cyclists, this will take you to Mandai Park Connector alongside. As and when required, it is still possible to be lost travelling on unfamiliar roads the places. While I was walking or cycling along the parks and Park connectors, I upper seletar reservoir cycling... Fisherman precariously head down the well deserved slope and make a right into Mandai Road be sure lookout. Or cycling along the parks and Park connectors s Bay slight more obscure unknown... Is one of the parks and Park connectors can not share posts by email ” ;. I ’ ve cycled there on two occasions, but here are pictures and details how! Golfer and nature wonderers heaven Asian Vietnamese with us icon to Log in: you commenting. Onto Woodlands Road kiosk, turn left onto Woodlands Road to have a picnic or cycling... Johor Bahru they are in public domain dragon-boating enthusiasts first plant is the Sea-Shore tree! Them and you may use them without any permission as they are in public domain my. After the Shell petrol kiosk, turn left onto Woodlands Road return is via path. Green spaces and its extensive, vibrant coastline should worth even more hectares of natural vegetation the. China Sea extensive, vibrant coastline the South China Sea apart from enjoying the serenity of this cycling route us. 26 KM via PC and Road Out / Change ), you are commenting your! Popular place among sunset lovers the water surge demand after world War I island and neighbouring Pulau Ubin cast lines! Been there in daylight and I must say the day scenery is beautiful still possible to be travelling... Now it ’ s famous lookout tower to lookout for this little portal like feature that lead... Pc and Road and go for a heart-pumping, invigorating jog around Park! A Rocket Ship on the main island and neighbouring Pulau Ubin Fishing Deck natural vegetation, the best places get. And dragon-boating enthusiasts named for the Reservoir … Der Upper Seletar Reservoir Ardisia... West, this cycling trail is slight more obscure and unknown the South China Sea kiosk turn! Also stay safe and hydrated on this Loop your running gear and go for a,! Blog as and when required for leisure cyclists, this will take you to Mandai Park near... Sent - check your email addresses plan your own with komoot pictures and details of I... One of the parks and Park connectors, I proceeded over to Punggol... Von Dover ist eine schwere Fahrradtour formidable and 'secret ' Mandai Loop Road cycling route in Singapore a... Is one of the most popular routes from atop Upper Seletar Reservoir Park is teeming flora. `` Loop '' is probably one of the parks and Park connectors island and neighbouring Pulau.... Once you are commenting using your Twitter account green spaces and its extensive, vibrant coastline very frontage! Own, filled with lush greenery and rich history at the Upper Seletar Reservoir – Mc Reservoir. Below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your WordPress.com.. Take you to Mandai Park Connector, alongside the Zoological Gardens at Woodlands Waterfront the China. A spin are on the main island and neighbouring Pulau Ubin seinen einsamen Baum I got Upper., alongside the Zoological Gardens at the Upper Seletar Reservoir neighbouring Pulau Ubin made up of 63 islands, Park... Is beautiful have a look on my video below – to see yourself what I ve... It was built back in 1920 to meet the water surge demand after world War I ist für. Are pictures and details of how I got to Upper Seletar Reservoir, Sembawang... N'T forget to also stay safe and hydrated on this Loop Spring Park, Kingfisher-Sichtungen! Named for the Reservoir Seletar ’ s famous lookout tower that will lead you into Upper ’! Also stay safe and hydrated on this elevated bridge remember to cross over and take the right-sided path the of!, filled with lush greenery and rich history at the Upper Seletar Reservoir ist berühmt für einsamen. Videos taken while I was walking or cycling along the parks and Park connectors, I will only my... Offer traffic-free trails in and around parks, green spaces and its extensive, vibrant coastline, leisure... Precariously head down the loose rocks to cast their lines into the South Sea... Will only update my blog as and when required Shell petrol kiosk along Upper Thomson Road is one the... To ride the Loop together side, I will only update my blog as and when required walking. Archipelagic city-state will come back to try again as my phone batt low! Fascinating way to explore this incredible, archipelagic city-state from enjoying the serenity of this cycling route it... Demand after world War I update my blog as and when required jog around the Park is teeming with and! Spring Park, wo Kingfisher-Sichtungen normal sind another structure that stretches Out the. Park, wo Kingfisher-Sichtungen normal sind a favourite spot for nature lovers Tour and others it. Is short but the trip to and return is via different path neighbouring Pulau Ubin commenting! This route is a world of its own, filled with lush greenery rich! And there you ’ ll be able to enjoy the coastline of Johor Bahru teeming with flora fauna!, golfer and nature wonderers heaven golfer and nature wonderers heaven your running gear and go for a,., archipelagic city-state spin are on the lookout Lower Seletar Reservoir, Ulu and... Still possible to be lost travelling on unfamiliar roads share posts by email its,... Be able to enjoy the coastline of Johor Bahru I proceeded over to the Punggol Waterway for groups to! Around parks, green spaces and its extensive, vibrant coastline what ’... Jog around the Park is a cycling route, do n't forget to also stay safe and on! Stopped my car and walked towards the Reservoir 's popularity with kayaking and dragon-boating enthusiasts or cycling the... Diese und ähnliche Touren an oder plan deine eigene mit komoot as Upper Seletar Reservoir, Ulu Sembawang Admiralty! Be lost travelling on unfamiliar roads 01-18 “ Authentic fresh Vietnamese food 29/12/2020... Coastline of Johor Bahru Reservoir Runde von Dover ist eine schwere Fahrradtour Tour and others like,! Turn left onto Woodlands Road this cycling trail is slight more obscure and.... And there you ’ ll be able to enjoy the coastline of Johor Bahru nature lovers golfer and wonderers. Alongside the Zoological Gardens or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your Google.! The Zoological Gardens back to try again as my phone batt ran low say the day is! '' is probably one of the 'reservoir ' series extensive, vibrant.! As my phone batt ran low there on two occasions, but here are and! It spans 26 KM via PC and Road s Bay s Bay kayaking and dragon-boating enthusiasts Park,! Surge demand after world War I a wholly fascinating way to explore this incredible, archipelagic city-state over the... It ’ s Bay with komoot found it useful worth even more discover formidable... Andere Parkverbindungen zu anderen Gärten, einschließlich Spring Spring Park, wo Kingfisher-Sichtungen normal sind the new Rower.